Sauti Sol has rubbished claims that their impending break is as a result of conflict and fights between band members.
The popular music was interviewed by Ivy Awino, a US-based Kenyan radio presenter, whereby they said several people were looking forward to them fighting.
According to the band’s lead singer Bien-Aime Baraza, the four band members are still good friends even after the hiatus announcement was made.
“The way we have handled it is so classy that people are disappointed there is no fighting. They would have really wanted to see conflict, but that is not what has happened. We are still the best of friends, and we are hanging out,” he said.
On the other hand, Austin Chimano noted that other popular bands had also taken a break previously and they are still doing well.
“So many reputable bands that are still thriving today have done the same thing. It’s just something we are not accustomed to,” he said.
The group announced that they will be taking a break from band activities after a world tour in US, Canada and Europe. The tour is set to end in September 3.
In their announcement, Sauti Sol said maintained that the bond they have shared over the years remain unbreakable.
The hiatus will see each band member pursue his own personal interests.
“Sauti Sol has been an incredible journey for us, both as musicians and friends. We are filled with gratitude for the love and support we have received throughout the years. While we take this hiatus to pursue our individual and collective passions, we remain committed to our friendship and shared businesses. The bond between us is unbreakable and we are excited for what the future holds,” the band members stated.
View this post on Instagram